October 15, 2012

Australia Or Bust


It's here! It's time.
Our 2012 Blogosphere Trip is starting today!

Olive and I checking our departure time

At long last the 2012 Blogosphere trip is here! What a fun time we will have. Many of you voted on our destination and after a drawing to pick our destination, Australia, we are now heading out for a week of fun! Olive, my niece, and I are flying out of Chicago's O'Hare airport today and catching an early flight. You can see from the photo above we are checking our departure time and what gate we need to be at. My tummy is nervous with excietment as we start our journey.

 
It is with a heavy heart as we wait on the plane for our take off. You see this has been a hard year in the blogosphere as many of our dear friends have left for the bridge and are unable to be with us on this year's trip. Each day we think of them and keep them close to us in our hearts. I have just recently lost my love, Tamir, though we had such a short time together we crammed a lot into our being together. He just recently went to the bridge and as a matter of fact he and I prescouted Australia last month to check out places to visit with our friends on this trip. As I wait for take off I settle back and read his last and only love note that he sent to me. I keep it near and it makes me feel close to him when I read it. I almost didn't come on this trip but Tamir's mommie said that he would have wanted me to not stay home, so here I am. I decided to invite my niece, Olive, as she too is sad with the loss of her brother Opus, he left for the bridge not even a year ago yet. I think this trip will be good for both of us.
My love note from Tamir

. . . Waiting for the go ahead from the control tower.


Off we go, Olive and I watch out the window seeing Chicago get smaller and smaller until soon we will not see it anymore. We now sit back and relax for our long journey across the big pond. We can hardly wait to get to our destination. We will keep you posted from Australia.

18 comments:

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That's going to be a pretty long trip so get comfy!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Can't wait to see you and Ollie! Enjoy your flight!

Cory said...

How exciting!!!!! I hope they serve you cheese on the plane.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

We thinks we will just teleport over. We are kinda afraid of flying see you guys there.

Jans Funny Farm said...

You and Olive have a good trip. We wish we were able to go again this year.

GTnCo said...

Very exciting, have a good flight!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

make sure they gives ewe plent tee oh trout N a few sides oh sea bass coz de trip iz gonna take like 80 bazillion hours gracie.....

The Florida Furkids said...

We're so happy that you are going on the trip. We know how much fun Tamir had scouting out the area with you and we're glad he's there in spirit!

The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

THIS is gonna be GRRRRREAT fun. Can't wait.

Asta said...

deewest sissie Gwacie
Don't be sad, yoow sweet Tamiw is wif you always as is Opus and while I may not be awound as much these days, I too am wif you
I will meet you in Ostwalia I'll wait fow the two of you at the aiwepawt
smoochie kisses
ASTA

da tabbies o trout towne said...

pee ess...we mite be travelin by boat...sew if we see ewe overhead we will waves HI :) but bet ewe still get ther furst..

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

It's just a short jump over to NZ!! You ladies should do a quick day trip to visit the two most handsome mancats in New Zeland!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh boy oh boy! Gonna be a great trip!!

Oui Oui said...

Is there a kitty stowaway in with the luggage? We can't find Carl!

Sweet Purrfections said...

have a wonderful trip

Angel MoMo said...

Long trip, Gracie and Ollie. Hope you get some naps. Can't wait to see you in my home town.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

This is going to be a GREAT trip !
Can´t wait to see you in Australia , I took the flight from Copenhaegn earlier today :)
Glad to hear that you found the right gate at O´Hare airport.
My mom say´s it´s HUGE !!!
Yes she has been in that airport back in 1988 :)

A Tonl said...

MOWZERS! What a cool trip! But we know what you mean about Tamir and others, so many we've lost this year...