October 7, 2011

No Good Deed

This is what I did for four hours straight because of what happened in the morning . . . you might be thinking that I was so worn out from taking care of my mom for the past two weeks. Well you would be wrong. It is because that the mom is feeling better that my day didn't start out too good.

My day started out like any other day which is the way I like things . . . then I noticed this strange thing being brought in from the garage and knew right away that things were going to take a change for the worse . . . before I could run an hide the mom had me in the thing and was talking about my yearly check up with the vet . . . right away I started thinking how ungrateful she was to do this to me after all of the good care and attention I had given her since she was ill. &*&^%$# no good deed goes unpunished.

Things at the vet went pretty smoothly and I must say I got an A+ on my report. The vet was happy with my weight and said that I was even a little lighter than last year and that was a good thing. I got two shots, which I was a good girl when they gave them to me, then they left the room with me so they could trim my nails and also . . . well . . . . clean out my ears. I'm not saying if I was good or bad when they did this because I want to keep the mom guessing. I pulled a fast one on the mom, though, when it was time for us to leave. After the vet and assistant left the room it was just the mom and me so I decided that is was time to show her who was the boss. I wouldn't get into the carrier. I put all of my paws out and legs and hung onto anything I could reach. I was quiet proud of myself as I overpowered mom and she had to admit defeat. She held me tightly and opened the door of the room we were in and asked if someone could help her get me into the carrier. To our surprise the vet came into help her. I must say I really wish that I had a recorder because I gave the two of them a run for the money. After letting them struggle for awhile I decided that if I were every to get home I should get into the carrier, which I did. Soon I knew I would get some well deserved rest.

The really good news of the day was that the mom felt so bad about the vet visit she gave me treats when we arrived back at the house, spoiled me all day long, and I pretty much napped all afternoon only to have some gentle pats from mom when she would walk by me.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that to prove that I am able to get even I didn't . . . well . . . leave something in the litter box that mom had to take in to the vet so now the mom has to go back when I decide that I will cooperate. Ha, ha to her.

The really great news is that I don't have to worry about another check up until next year. Keep your eyes out and if you see the carrier coming into your living space, RUN!

22 comments:

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Ohhhh Pooorr Gracie ~
You certainly showed her!
We feel your pain,,,, last weekend waz Ana's check up,, dis Saturday Arrius & Gabriel go. Efury one haz been lucky so far NO shotz..... well except fur
Penelope & Sunny..... but they got Lucky da mom got them owt of da distemper cause they seniorz and don't go owt and da mom doesn't like dat shot ! So they only got Rabies~
then it'z Treatz fur da rest of da day and napz......
At least it'z ofur fur a year....Whew~
We must say... you certainly showed dem! Wow!! can't believe it took da V E T & your mom to get you back into da ptu.... you must be Bad A$$ ^..^
Purrz~

Princess Jasmine said...

Awww Gracie, what a traumatic morning for you. But, you know, the mumster is only looking after you too. We are glad everything went well and you got some treats and a lovely long nap in the afternoon. Don't even give it another thought until next year :)xx

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Too late for us, Gracie - my human took Boodie and me in for check-ups earlier this week! In fact, I blogged about my visit today too!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Too late for Nicki too--he had to go yesterday! You can hear his warrior song on our post today--just don't turn the volume up too loud. Seriously.

But we're proud of you, Gracie, for giving them a good run for their money and being uncooperative about getting back in the PTU!

We're glad for your A+ report, though!

Dexter said...

Oh Gracie! If only the flashy beast video recording had been available to capture your civil disobedience.

Slobbers,
Mango

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Gracie,

We are all behind you one hundred percent! No vet visit should go unpunished, believe me!

Have a good weekend!

Tom
xoxo

Hannah and Lucy said...

The only missing information about your vet report Gracie was did you manage to leave a pee on the table - we always do so near the edge so it drips on their feet too.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Cat said...

Oh Gracie that was an ordeal, what a relief it only happens once a year! We are glad you are a healthy girl :-)

Shane Kent Louis said...

oh Gracie, nice meeting you in blogland, your post is really nice and very informative too. Friends?


----------------------
It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

SeaThreePeeO said...

We're glad that you got such a good report at the vets!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Too bad about the V.E.T.visit, Gracie, but we are very happy to hear that you got such a good report. AND that you did get some treats.

Have a great weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Unknown said...

Mommy and Daddy has a horrid time getting me in my PTU. But because we travels so much, they don't has to do it until we gets to the vets and everybody is so scratched by the time we leaves, me is usually just on my leash (we is leash trained). Kozmo don't has to go in the PTU at all. He LIKES our vet. Sometimes he goes with the dogs, just to visit!
He is strange.
Kisses
Nellie

The Florida Furkids said...

V-E-T visits aren't fun but we're glad your visit went well. Great job on resisting the PTU!!!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Admiral Hestorb said...

Oh you poor THING! How ungrateful she was hauling you in like that! But you followed the manual getting even. I commend you. xox

Team Tabby said...

Gracie you sound just like Mindy when she needs her vet visit. Once Mombean had to take one of boys instead because she put up a fight! We hopes you mombean is on the mend now and feeling better.

Hope you can use our comment box, we changed back to the old Blogger interface that allows this.

Purrs,

Mindy
Moe
Bono
Cookie
Mike

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Gracie! Well, aren't you glad that vet visit is over now?? Good for for you getting that A+!!

And we're glad your mom is feeling better too!!

Ellen Whyte said...

Nice revenge Gracie! We hate going to the vet too, but we don't fight the way you do - until now...

meowmeowmans said...

We are really happy that your mom is feeling so much better, Gracie! And that you got an A+ at the v-e-t, too!

You certainly DID show everyone who is boss. MOL!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Gracie we are so happy to hear your good report from the vet. We giggled when we read your way of getting back for the vet trip. Stay healthy and we are sure happy you got treats and all that special attention. Hugs and nose kisses

Jans Funny Farm said...

You not only survived it but you showed your mom and the vet who is to cat! Glad you're healthy.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We are proud of your cattitude! MOL!
And we are glad that your mom is feeling a lot better too. Purrs.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Glad you got a good report Gracie, but er you are suppose to refuse to get in the carrier while you are still at home, especially if there is no one there to help your Mom. Then the Mom has to call the vet and reschedule and if you are lucky she will eventually forgets about it. We have never been that lucky.